Stay Sharp

Saturday, May 12, 2007

City Night Scape





I saw a poster of Tokyo Tower taken From Mori Building in Roppongi over a year ago and told my self that a simular image would be nice to have in my stock. Have had requests for "post card" images of this kind in the past but never really got to it to take these. There are certain cliche images all and everyone have seen from Tokyo and have got used to associate with the city. Sanya Festival, Asakusa Temple, Jingu Shrine, Teenagers in Harayuku, Shibuya Crossing etc...and Tokyo Tower. I usually don't shoot these subjects but the view from Roppongi Hills on this clear day (was very windy earlier in the day so the smog was gone) was superb with the light slowly shifting as the sun was fading in the west. I got me that "post card" I set out to get and can now relax and say -"Sure thing!" when next client asks for a good shot of the landmark being 3 meters higher than the Eiffel Tower (just to piss-off the French I believe). Cost you almost $20 to ride the elevator up there, Mr Mori isn't Mr. Mori for no reason....

No comments: