Stay Sharp

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Monochrome Safari


























Within the range of true black and real white is where great photography comes from originally. I haven't been shooting much in this medium in the last couple of years so when I reviewed my old stock of black&white prints I was glad to find some that I think still pass the test of time. The whole perspective of your environment changes when you shoot black & white. With a roll of color film in the camera the eyes on pure reflex seek out the composition and balance between rich and less contrasty color tones. But with black&white it feels more like the wholeness of the composition and the balance between plus and minus gets a tighter grip on the images you see in the viewfinder. A more strict and direct direction which I like in photography and in other aspects in life in general. Keep it simple, clean and reachable.







No comments: