Stay Sharp

Monday, April 06, 2009

FLJ Magazine








Editor in Cheif, Mr.Toshiya Ohno produces FLJ, a free magazine focusing on Music/Fashion/Culture/ Art. Me and photographer buddy Yoshiki Suzuki got a couple of pages each in last issue. Kind of a look on who we are and what we do. The cool thing was that the portraits for this article of Yoshiki was shot by me and vice versa. Nice collaboration between the two of us, SOFTMACHINE and FLJ.

Come on people, if you want the real deal in photography...this is it. Guys like me and Yoshiki, fighting daily to make something that make sense out of this bloody mess. I am getting tired of the so called street / underground artists in all the hyped up-town "trend" mags in circulation. Junk for rich kids with no identity willing to buy one if the street credentials are set by someone else. If the readers and editors alike only knew what is going on, down on the asphalt, then they would see something quite different. I know I am a noisy-all time bitching no-good-for-nothing-looser white trash... at least I know who I am, and that is why I am still on the asphalt doing my thing.

It's all up to you, but I strongly recommend to open up your eyes!

No comments: