Stay Sharp

Monday, February 27, 2012

A KL Night

Slow shutter on a couple of Kuala Lumpurs landmarks and a common backstreet, something new and I like these 3 versions a lot.













Had the chance to head down to KualaLumpur for almost a week recently. Been many years since I was here last time and things had changed, I have changed. I don't know what it is (well, I do...but I don't know how to explain it to make sense) with me and photography. KL being a rather modern and developed city and as we know a power house in South East asia. Many magnificent buildings, parks and spectacular spectacles to focus on indeed. But I am always drawn to the gritty, bleak, rotten and decaying parts of any urban developments. Just a block in from the newest shopping malls and avenues you end up in a rat infested garbage land in any big city, the facade is just that, a facade. What is displayed on one side is always reversed on the backside in a mega city, even the queen of beauty needs somewhere to dump and release her excess intake, not a pretty sight I might think but that's reality and not something many would like to ponder over for too long. Still, it's there and a grim reality. Of course I checked out the grand mosque (no non-muslims allowed that day sadly, because mosques are fantastic), the sky poking Twin Petronas Towers and the latest arcades in search for decent coffee and pastry joints, always. 

But I always ended up in the gutter, always a lone backstreet seeker…why?


















1 comment:

Radical Twin said...

hi,
nice pics !
@+
EE, from RFT